CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

Kyuhyun enlisted today

• Name : Wawa724
  • Date : 2017-05-25 16:45:05

1a619b737f7d59da22cc4d818de0ca9c_1495698

(Photo: ChoKyuHyun @ Twitter)

Super Junior's Kyuhyun enlisted today (May 25th) and shared his crew cut look via SNS before his departure.

Kyuhyun appeared at the Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province this afternoon for his enlistment. He did not want any media coverage, so the car drove straight into the training center.  However, many fans still showed up early in the morning to bid farewell to their idol.  Earlier today he posted a photo of him in a crew cut and tweeted, "I'm not used to this look. Kekeke. Don't get sick, don't cry and take care of yourselves! Don't make my songs feel lonely so let's all stick together! Until the day we meet again. Goodbye. #Kyuhyunneedshair #feellikeahighschoolstudent #goodbyepurpleegg"  (The purple egg refers to the icon he uses on his Twitter account).

Last night, Kyuhyun appeared on MBC's Radio Star and performed his new single Goodbye for Now.  He thanked the support from viewers and his fellow hosts, and shared his feelings.  He said, "I've been on the show for about five and a half years now. This program has made me who I am and I am very thankful. From now, it will no longer be my concern..."  The other hosts joke that he already had his speech written out, but you can feel his love for the show.

SM Entertainment revealed that Kyuhyun will return to his fans on May 24th, 2019.  After four weeks of basic training, he will complete the rest of his military service as  a public service worker.

Let's check out Kyuhyun's performance on Radio Star:

(Video: MBCentertainment @ YouTube)

Written by Korea.com's Christine​ 

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more