본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

Nam Tae Hyun speaks up following news of departure

• Name : shyalee
  • Date : 2016-11-26 20:10:11

085bc972985941693afc8a533913d3ce_1480157

YG Entertainment made a double-killer announcement yesterday with regards to its artistes - 2NE1 and WINNER. Nam Tae Hyun, a member of WINNER, is said to be officially leaving the group due to psychological health issues. 

Following the news of his departure, the former YG artiste has voiced out his thoughts on his personal instagram handle. With a handwritten letter, Nam Tae Hyun expressed his thanks to those who have supported him and gave hope that he will continue with his passion - music.

085bc972985941693afc8a533913d3ce_1480158

"Hello. This is Nam Tae Hyun.

To everyone who loves me, I am very sorry that you had to receive such bad news. During all this time, be it short or long, many things have happened and as a member of the group WINNER, I, Nam Tae Hyun have received so much love and so I was happy. After much discussion, this was the final decision but my wish to make good music has not changed. I will meet everyone through other music and projects (channels/ways). Please stay healthy during this cold weather and I sincerely thank all those who support me. 

From, Nam Tae Hyun

His instagram posts not only received supportive comments from fans but also from the parents of "Half Moon Friends" participants, a JTBC reality show where WINNER transformed into kindergarten teachers and looked after a total of 10 children. 

Meanwhile, YG Entertainment said that Winner, who debuted in 2014 after winning the survival show 'WIN: Who Is Next', will continue as a four-member group with Song Min Ho, Kang Seung Yoon, Kim Jin Woo and Lee Seung Hoon.

We wish Nam Tae Hyun all the best and certainly look forward to his new music, being the talented composer that he is! 

Korea.com's Shya contributed to this report from Singapore.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more