BIG BANG reunited with VIPs and rocked out at MADE [V.I.P] Tour in Singapore > K-POP

본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

BIG BANG reunited with VIPs and rocked out at MADE [V.I.P] Tour in Singapore

• Name : shyalee
  • Date : 2016-10-29 20:48:10

6cf56eead4d56c081f658b9b62d3c930_1477742

On 2 October, K-pop superstars Big Bang successfully wrapped up their 'MADE [V.I.P] Tour in Singapore' with a huge bang (pun intended)! Held at the National Stadium, throngs of fans arrived early to queue for the perfect mosh-pit spot and to take part in fringe activities such as the photo booth where "Today's Big Fan" will be selected. 

It was indeed a bittersweet reunion since the last time the group was in Singapore for their full-length concert was in 2015. But what is more special about this particular reunion is that 2016 marks the quintet's 10th anniversary! With the absence of rapper T.O.P (due to conflicts with his schedule arrangement) as well as his looming enlistment, fans felt a tinge of sweet sorrow making them treasure every single possible moment with their idols. This was visibly evident as dedicated VIPs (official fan name) showed no hesitation about supporting the rest of the members. The fanmeet was a sold-out and boasted a total of 10,000 attendees. The atmosphere was also not any lesser as the 4 members (G-Dragon, Taeyang, Daesung & Seungri) more than made up for their missing member with their genuine enthusiasm and passion.

6cf56eead4d56c081f658b9b62d3c930_1477741

The fanmeet was divided into two segments, interactive games followed by performances. The first game, Couple Ping-Pong, saw G-Dragon (GD) paired up with Daesung while Seungri partnered up with Taeyang. Sticking closely to the couple theme, the members had to squeeze into a couple shirt, causing them to make some hilarious hits and misses. After a few rounds, Seungri's team eventually won. 

Seungri proved to be lucky as his winning streak continued for the next game, where each Big Bang member paired up with a fan and competed in a three-legged race. Each pair randomly got a tool and had to transport soft toys to the middle of the stage. GD picked a hook, Taeyang had a long stick while Daesung chose a tiny drum. After winning with his miniature frying pan and stick, Seungri entertained the audience by spontaneously singing a remake version of the viral 'PPAP' song - "I have a dan (egg in Mandarin), I have frying pan, uh dan dan pan!" Ultimately, all 4 fans walked away with a special memento - a personally autographed doll and merchandise goods. Another lucky fan also had the opportunity to be on stage as "Today's Big Fan" having cosplayed Daesung's legendary clingwrap look from a Running Man episode. 

The next segment displayed the members' charismatic side with their strong vocals and top-notch performances. Each individual member had the opportunity to bask in the limelight as they performed a solo stage each. Seungri kicked off with 'Strong Baby' followed by Daesung who brought life to the trot genre with his solo debut single 'Look at me, Gwisoon'. Next, Taeyang filled the stadium with soul as he crooned to 'Eyes, Nose, Lips' and passed the baton on to GD who cranked up the atmosphere with 'Crooked'

Hip-hop unit GDxTAEYANG returned with 'Good Boy' and got the crowd jumping along with high energy. The carefully-curated song list brought VIPs on an emotional roller-coaster ride as they went from crazy party chart-toppers like 'Bang Bang Bang', 'Fantastic Baby' and 'We Like 2 Party' to sentimental slow songs like 'Loser' and 'If You'. On that note, we certainly could not miss out the amazing and good-looking YG dancers who added to the overall stage presence and visual aesthetics! 

Seungri, who turned out to be the star entertainer of the night, expressed his love for Singapore fans and the local cuisine including a special mention of the Chilli Crab dish! No doubt, Seungri could consider pursuing a career as a comedian, should he ever stop singing!

As Shakespeare puts it, "Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow." As the night grew darker, the inevitable had to happen. However, GD's announcement certainly made the parting less painful. Asking fans to wait patiently for Big Bang's comeback, GD hinted that along with the upcoming album release, comes with it a whole new series of tours and events! So in the words of the leader, "We'll be back very soon!" 

'BIG BANG MADE [V.I.P] Tour in Singapore' was proudly organized by IME Singapore.

Korea.com's Shya contributed to this report from Singapore.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more