Kim Hyun-Joong’s DNA Results 99.999% matches ex-girlfriend’s child- > K-POP

본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

Kim Hyun-Joong’s DNA Results 99.999% matches ex-girlfriend’s child-

• Name : linajoong
  • Date : 2015-12-22 09:35:12

Kim Hyun-joong’s DNA matches with his former girlfriend Choi’s child, according to a paternity test conducted by Seoul National University Hospital. 

“It is almost certain (99.999%) that the two are father and son biologically,” said a university official Monday. 

Choi gave birth to the child previously in September and had him tested on Dec. 9 at a hospital designated by a Seoul court. 

Kim said he would take “full responsibility for the newborn baby” if the paternity test identified him as the father.

The legal battle between the two flared up in April when Choi filed a suit seeking 1.6 billion won ($1.33 million) in damages for Kim’s alleged physical assault, which she claimed led to a previous miscarriage. 

The singer is currently serving his mandatory military duty in Paju, Gyeonggi Province. 

Before the result , the father of Kim Hyun Joong had an interview with the media last Monday Dec 21, and stated 

"First of all, I’m very sorry to the child. I feel bad about not seeing him in person even after he was born. This (paternity test) should have been done much earlier,” 

“Hyun-joong had agreed from the beginning that the child is his son. He’s repeatedly told us that he’ll be responsible as a father. Hyun-joong also told me over the phone that he’ll follow the court’s order regarding the custody issue,” he added.

“It doesn’t matter who takes custody. We’ll follow whatever is best for the baby. It breaks my heart to think about the day of the paternity test, when Hyun-joong’s ex-girlfriend brought the baby in the rain. We genuinely hope she stops using the child in the legal battle,” Kim’s father said. 

The singer and actor began serving his mandatory military duty in Paju, Gyeonggi Province, on May 12, and is set to be discharged in 2017.

We hope for the best to Mr Kim Hyun Joong!

3eb9e3ebf5ceb76e9b5f214351ecdf5d_1450744

Korea.com's Linajoong contributed to this report.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more