SM Entertainment’s singers fascinate Japanese fans > K-POP

본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

SM Entertainment’s singers fascinate Japanese fans

• Name : korea
  • Date : 2015-05-06 14:26:05

In Tokyo on March 14, Shinee held a special concert “Shinee World 2014-I’m Your Boy-Special Edition in TOKYO DOME.” 100K of their special concerts tickets sold out.

On March 16, SM Entertainment revealed images of their artists who had fascinated Japanese fans in past 6 months 

41184ba1b423bd8dcb610ea6ae5c03e0_1430889

Photo Credit: SM Entertainment

As you can see from the image from SM Entertainment, their artists: TVXQ, Super Junior, Girl’s Generation, and Shinee had ‘Dome’ concerts in many different cities.  Having a ‘Dome’ concert in Japan is desirable among singers. ‘Dome’ concerts have to fill up 50K seats and this is difficult for even local singers.  It is amazing to have this many seats sold by foreign singers. This shows how popular Korean stars are in Japan.

Takuji Nakamura, a CEO of Universal Studio in Japan, said “I was amazed by the fact that Shinee’s concert completely sold out the Tokyo Dome, which is really hard for our local singers to do. This shows how popular K-pop is. I think the main reason that Shinee was so popular here is their unique style of singing, and dancing performances.

Kim Young Min, CEO of SM entertainment added, “TVXQ had a concert in Osaka, and EXO had a  concert in Seoul on the same day of Shinee’s Tokyo Dome concert. Shinee had their unique style and fans who love them. From the Dome Concert, Shinee prove that they have the potential to grow.

SM entertainment has contributed to the growth of K-pop in global markets including Shinee’s successful Tokyo Dome concert, world tour concerts from Super Junior, Girl’s Generation, and other artists.

Korea.com’s Emily You (maintyoung@korea.com) contributed to this report from Seoul. 

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more