SEVENTEEN continued to shine in Manila, the second stop for their Shining Diamonds Tour > K-POP

본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

SEVENTEEN continued to shine in Manila, the second stop for their Shining Diamonds Tour

• Name : shyalee
  • Date : 2016-08-22 01:48:08

fe5bb7f9419441444b7d2a68daec4cb5_1471796

Pledis Entertainment's 13-member boy group SEVENTEEN made the second stop for their 'Shining Diamonds 1st Asia Tour' on August 14th and 15th in Manila. Following their successful fanmeet in Singapore the day before, excitement and expectations were high for the rookie group. Despite the inclement weather, Philippine Carats were unfazed as they gathered around the venue (The Theatre at Solaire) early in order to see the rookie group who has gained tremendous attention and popularity despite debuting just last year.

Unfortunately, members Jun and The8 were not able to make it with the rest of the group due to personal reasons. Despite the initial letdown, Philippine Carats made sure that Seventeen felt their warm welcome and love throughout the two-day fanmeet. 

The show kick-started with 'Shining Diamonds', getting everyone in the theater jumping up and cheering excitedly from their seats, lavender lightsticks up in the air. The energy was further pumped up as they rock the stage with 'Chuck'. The boys made the hearts of their fans soar even higher as they perform the rest of their hits, 'Adore U', 'Mansae', 'Rock', 'Pretty U', 'Popular Song', 'Love Letter', 'Healing' and their latest single, 'Very Nice'.

Seventeen made fans feel special as they not only showed how much they can set the stage on fire with their stunning and breathtaking performances, they also came packed with exciting games, displaying their knack in variety and entertainment. 

They had a segment wherein the boys can choose to fulfill whatever the fans have written in post-its. Hoshi danced to IOI's 'Pick Me' and was later backed up by the rest of the members. The hip hop team (S.coups, Wonwoo, Vernon, and Mingyu) was asked to do a high note battle against each other and Joshua revealed his freestyle rapping skills, dropping it to "Yo, I'm in Manila, right now. Yeah, my favorite ice cream, Vanilla. I'm so ill(a)". They also played a hilarious game of charades on stage. During the talk segment, Mingyu revealed that he went to Philippines when he was young and showed off with a few tagalog words.

It wasn't only Seventeen who served surprises as they threw out coloured balls with their signatures to their fans. Philippine Carats also prepared special projects that had the boy group sincerely touched and grateful. During the encore on the first day, fans let paper airplanes containing their messages soar towards the stage as Seventeen serenades the crowd. They also had banners raised up with special messages for the boys. During the ending talk segment, Seventeen poured out all their feelings and appreciation towards their fans, letting Carats know how thankful they are.

Joshua: I actually got the dream to become a singer because of them (talking about some of his favourite Filipino artists) so thank you guys. Mahal kita (I love you)!

Woozi: Thanks to you all, I feel energetic!

Jeonghan: Thank you so much for supporting us. I really want to come back again next time. Mahal kita!

S.Coups: I heard it's raining a lot outside but thank you for coming. Ingat kayo (take care)!

To cap it all off, a large number of lucky fans got to see Seventeen up-close for a photo and high touch event after the show. By the end of the night, emotions ran high as fans poured out of the venue, bringing with them unforgettable experiences and memories with their eleven Shining Diamonds.

Korea.com would like to thank Three Angles Production for the media invitation to cover the Day 1 of SEVENTEEN's Shining Diamonds Fanmeet in Manila. 

Korea.com's Bijae and Mara (edited by Shya) contributed to this report from the Philippines.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more