본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

GOT7 created a (much-welcomed) Turbulence in Singapore

• Name : shyalee
  • Date : 2016-12-13 00:40:12

f9723d58a6b78cc9e1fd82267180b2c0_1481557

JYP Entertainment's sizzling hot boy group GOT7 has made a turbulent comeback with their latest album. Keeping to their promise, the group returned to Singapore for the upteenth time bringing along their latest 'Flight Log: Turbulence' Tour. 

The Singapore stop was held on 11 December at Big Box and saw a packed venue with CAT1 VIP tickets selling out during the ticket launch itself. Building on the hype further, GOT7 did a Vapp live broadcast right before their Singapore show, much to the delight of fans who could not be present that night.

f9723d58a6b78cc9e1fd82267180b2c0_1481556

The septet, known for their choreography and fast tracks, surprisingly kicked off the night with ballads 'Let Me' and 'Prove It'. Channeling the emotions in the song, the members were seen with solemn and serious faces as they serenaded their screaming fans, IGOT7 (also known as ahgase).

The seriousness was not for long as they soon broke into their usual goofy selves and greeted the audience. Attributing their success to their dedicated fans, Jackson expressed that he was thankful for the overwhelming welcome at the airport despite the late hour. He also received a surprise when a video was shown of his 'Star Variety' win at the recent 'Tencent Star Awards' in China. To celebrate the occasion, a cake was brought out. Jackson requested for everyone to blow out the candle together and hilariously reminded them "not to spit"! 

f9723d58a6b78cc9e1fd82267180b2c0_1481556

Jackson then made a touching speech and revealed that his members were the ones who encouraged him to join variety shows and made him believe in his own ability.

"I grew stronger because of GOT7. Actually when I was a trainee, I wasn't a funny guy. I'm still not a funny guy. My members ...they gave me so much of confidence. You are gonna be a variety star one day. They are the first to tell me that." 

f9723d58a6b78cc9e1fd82267180b2c0_1481555

The next segment was one where GOT7 chose post-its written by fans and tried to fulfill the requests. It was no surprise when BamBam was asked to perform a girl group dance, one of his niche. Living up to expectations, the Thai member swayed his hips and grooved to Sistar's 'Push' and labelmate Twice's 'TT'His members were spotted smiling fondly at his performance.

Bromance continued to float in the air as Jackson received a request to kiss his fellow members. With a spring in his steps, he advanced towards each member and planted a kiss on the cheek. Although Leader JB ran away from the scene, he was closely pursued by Jackson who succeeded in his kiss mission and amusingly confessed "tastes so good!" Skinship amongst members of the same-gender is certainly growing as a popular form of fanservice in the Korean entertainment scene. 

As part of the typical nature of a fanmeeting, games were one of the highlights. GOT7 played a game of 'Feel & Guess' where they had to make out the item in the box (such as ginger and cinnamon) using only their sense of touch. For the next game of 'Charades', the boygroup had to act out the word while some lucky fans who were picked to go on stage had to make a guess. Their exaggerated reactions and antics caused a scene of hilarity that thoroughly entertained the audience.

The septet brought the atmosphere up a notch further with hit tracks such as 'No Jam', 'Fly', 'If You Do' as well as their latest title track 'Hard Carry' and ending off with an encore of 'Home Run'Jackson commented that "Singapore is a special place to GOT7" and especially so for him as he had fond memories of participating in the Youth Olympic Games. Closing the night, the members expressed their thanks and promises to hold an even bigger concert than the last one they had. We will definitely look forward to that!

Flight Log: Turbulence in Singapore is organized by Three Angles Production and supported by IME Singapore. Korea.com is proud to be an Official Supporting Media Partner for the event. For HQ photos, check out Korea.com's Facebook page!

Korea.com's Shya contributed to this report from Singapore.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more