CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

Big Hit responds to BTS album content plagiarism

• Name : korea
  • Date : 2019-02-25 11:01:02

900831fee7e508d9b1eaf2b4f5b5ef5b_1551059
Photo Source : Big Hit Entertainment

Feb 25, Big Hit responds to photographer Bernard Faucon’s accusation of plagiarism towards BTS ‘Blood, Sweat & Tears’ MV and ‘Young Forever’ jacket photos.

According to the photographer, certain parts of BTS ‘Blood, Sweat & Tears’ MV are similar to his work ‘Banquet’ from ‘Summer Holidays’ back in 1978. The photographer claims, that the clothes on the mannequin and the background are similar. He also claimed that part of ‘Young Forever’ jacket photos were similar to his photographs.

In addition, he claimed that BTS’ album title was inspired by his project ‘The Most Beautiful Day of My Youth’ back in 1997~2003 which was done in 25 countries. In a media interview, Bernard Faucon stated, ‘I am glad that they received inspiration from my work. I have no plan to take any legal action but I hope that they acknowledge the fact they got inspired by my work.’

However, Big Hit Entertainment released official statement that they have already delivered their statement back in last September when a gallery claimed the similarities, stating that the claims were invalid. Both parties exchanged relevant certifications and Bernard Faucon had requested an apology and compensation.

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more