본문 바로가기

CATEGORY

• K-ENTERTAINMENT
  • K-POP

Seungri announced retirement from the entertainment industry

• Name : korea
  • Date : 2019-03-12 11:15:03

865427e924700b76b820aa4068c57078_1552356

Following the controversy regarding club ‘Burning Sun’, on Mar 11, Seungri uploaded a message through personal Instragram account and announced retirement from the entertainment industry.

Below is the full message from Seungri.

865427e924700b76b820aa4068c57078_1552356

‘This is Seungri.

It seems that it would be good for me to retire from the entertainment industry at this moment. I have made up my mind to retire from the entertainment industry due to the huge social controversy that has been raised. I am currently under investigation. I will receive the investigation with sincerity in order to reveal all the suspicions that were built.

I have received criticism and hate from the public during the past one and a half month. Every investigative authority in Korea is now investigating me and I am marked as a national traitor. I just cannot accept causing harm to those persons around me just for my sake.

I would like to thank all of the local and oversea fans sincerely for your love in the past ten years. For the sake and honor of BIG BANG and YG, (my career will) end here.

I would like to apologize once again.

Thank you for everything during the past years.’

Due to the retirement announcement from Seungri, YG stock price dropped for 14% within Mar 11.  

Change Language

K-VIDEO

more